Having hot flushes? Past menopause? No risks for heart disease?
We are looking for women to participate in a 4 month research study on blood vessel function and hot flushes. The study is being run by:
Dr. Jerilynn Prior
Professor of Endocrinology,
University of British Columbia.
To participate, you must:
- Be menopausal (2 – 10 years since your last menstrual period)
- Currently experience hot flushes and/or night sweats
- Not be taking hormones (estrogen, progesterone, tamoxifen or birth control pills)
- Have no heart disease or history of heart disease
- Have no risk factors for heart disease
In this study we will be comparing the effects of raloxifene (Evista(r)) and progesterone (Prometrium(r)) on blood vessel function and hot flushes. Blood vessel function can indicate your risk for heart disease. The study will be conducted at the Echelon Centre, at W. 8th and Ash.
For more information, contact:
Christine Hitchcock, PhD
Phone: (604) 875-5917
This study is funded by Eli Lilly. Prometrium® and placebo have been donated by Schering Canada.
This study is investigator-initiated. The investigator retains the right to publish the findings of this study, regardless of the nature of the results.